Terms and conditions
Purdy Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1.This free prize draw (“the Draw”) is run by Purdy International trading as Purdy (“Purdy”).
2. By entering into this Draw, all entrants (“Entrants”) will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Purdy reserves the right to revise the Terms from time to time. Revised Terms will be posted on Purdy’s website and it is a condition of entry to the Draw that Entrants agree to comply with such amendments from time to time.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the Draw.
4. Only those who complete a Purdy online application form (“Application”) between 18th August 2014 and 20th November 2014 will be entered into the Draw. Applications received after this time will not be entered into the Draw. Entrants must be aged 18 or over as at 18th August 2014 and must be resident in the UK. Only one entry per person is allowed.
5. No responsibility will be accepted for Applications which are not received for any reason, including technical error.
6. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn from all completed Applications. The winner will be drawn using an online random number generator on 21st November 2014. Purdy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winner will be notified by email or phone within 28 days of being drawn. To claim his or her prize, the winner must confirm receipt of notification within 21 days of notification by Purdy. If the winner does not respond in that time period, he or she will be deemed to have waived entitlement to his or her prize and a further winner will be selected at random. Details of the winner will be available by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org from 30th November 2014.
8. Purdy reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any winner before any prizes are issued and may require proof of identification and age. If Purdy suspects fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that an Entrant has failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in the Terms then the prize may be withheld or withdrawn or another prize winner may be selected.
10. The prize will be
1 x case Monarch Elite 2''
1 x case Sprig 2''
1 x case Syntox 2'' Angular
1 x 6 in 1 tool
1 x Block wire brush
1 x Cageless Frame
1 x Adjustable Frame
1 x case 9'' White Dove 3/8 nap
1 x case 9'' Colossus 3/4 nap
1 x Dual Roll Off Bucket
1 x case Brush comb
(“the Prize”). The Prize is non-negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. Purdy reserves the right to substitute the Prize with suitable equivalents and the free goods sent may differ from those advertised. There is no right to any refund in respect of free goods returned.
11. The Draw winner must allow details regarding the winning of the Prize to be published in order to claim the Prize.
12. Purdy reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Draw or extend the period of participation as necessary due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control. Purdy will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the Draw.
13. Entrants agree to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to the Prize.
14. Employees, directors, shareholders of any company within the Sherwin-Williams Group and their direct families (parents, siblings, spouse, partner, children) or agents and/or anyone associated with the running of the Draw are not eligible to enter this Draw.
15. Entrants shall not be permitted to enter the Draw if by entering into it they may cause Purdy and/or themselves to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which they are a party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which Purdy or the entrant may be subject. Purdy reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
16. Purdy respects the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prize money by their employees. The winner must obtain signed authorisation from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the Prize.
17.The free goods are supplied with the benefit of any warranties set out in the standard terms and conditions of sale of Purdy but subject to all exclusions and limitations set out in those terms and conditions of sale. All further warranties or representations are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted at law. Without limiting the generality of the preceding statement Purdy hereby excludes all and any liability arising out of the Draw or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the free goods, even where arising from Purdy’s negligence.
18. Purdy does not exclude liability under the Terms for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or for breach of Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or for any matter in relation to which it would illegal for Purdy to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
19. This Draw and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Draw.